The Lilac Bloomsday Association presents the 41st running of the Lilac Bloomsday Run.
The Lilac Bloomsday Run will celebrate its 41st running on Sunday, May 7, 2017. Bloomsday is one of the largest and most prestigious road races in the world, with 50,000 entrants each year. But beyond the impressive numbers, Bloomsday is a community event that captures the spirit of the Inland Northwest each spring. Bloomies from throughout the region, across the United States, and around the world congregate in Spokane on the first Sunday in May for this exuberant celebration of health & fitness.
Bloomsday is organized by the Lilac Bloomsday Association, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose mission is to promote regional, national and international sports competition as well as personal physical fitness for the well-being of the general public. Bloomsday offers a number of sponsorship opportunities, which together allow the Bloomsday entry fee to remain the lowest of any major race in the United States. All donations are tax deductible:
MAJOR SPONSOR: Major Sponsors (limited to 15) provide Bloomsday’s core financial support and are crucial to its success. Bloomsday appreciates the crucial role Major Sponsors play in keeping Bloomsday affordable to all members of our community, and encourages Sponsors to publicize their association with Bloomsday. To help make the community aware of the importance of its Major Sponsors, the Lilac Bloomsday Association includes the following as part of its Major Sponsor package:
1. Announcing each Sponsor in Bloomsday Kick-Off press release and press conference.
2. Including each Sponsor’s logo on the Bloomsday entry brochure. Approximately 60,000 brochures are printed and distributed in Spokane, the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada.
3. Providing each Sponsor a half-page color ad in the Souvenir Results Booklet, currently published by The Inlander. Sponsor has the option to upgrade to full-page color ad for $1,000, the inside front cover ($2,000) or the back cover ($2,500). (The back cover will not be available in the event Bloomsday has a Results Sponsor.) 35,000 Souvenir Results Booklets are distributed in the week following Bloomsday.
4. Including each Sponsor’s logo on Bloomsday’s promotional poster that is distributed before the run to over 500 locations around the Inland Northwest.
5. Listing each Sponsor’s logo on Bloomsday ads that run in print media in the Inland Northwest in the weeks leading up to the run. As an example, in 2016 full-page color ads ran on four occasions in The Inlander (52,000 copies printed each time).
6. Including each Sponsor’s logo on Runner Instructions, which are distributed to approximately 50,000 entrants during Bloomsday Check-In.
7. Placing each Sponsor’s logo on the “goodie bag” handed to each entrant at Check-In.
8. Listing each Sponsor by name and logo on the Bloomsday website home page, www.bloomsdayrun.org, with a link to each Sponsor’s website.
9. Displaying each Sponsor’s banner at the Bloomsday Trade Show held at the Spokane Convention Center on Friday and Saturday of Bloomsday weekend, and at the Bloomsday finish line. Bloomsday also creates a large group banner featuring all Major Sponsors to be displayed at various activities leading up to Bloomsday. Individual banner to be provided to Bloomsday by Sponsor.
10. Providing each Sponsor with one free team entry into the Bloomsday Corporate Cup competition, if entered before March 1. The value is $500.00.
11. Providing each Sponsor with Bloomsday’s logo, upon request, for the Sponsor to use in its own advertising to promote its involvement with Bloomsday.
12. Providing each Sponsor with one Trade Show booth subject to acceptance by the Sponsor no later than April 1, 2017. The value of Trade Show Booth is $800.00.
13. Listing each Sponsor in the post-run thank-you ad in the Bloomsday Souvenir Results Booklet.
14. Including each Sponsor’s logo on the results postcard, which is mailed to approximately 33,000 finishers after the race.
MAJOR SPONSORSHIP "ADD-ON" OPPORTUNITIES: In addition to the major sponsorship package listed above, Bloomsday offers the following add-on categories:
Sponsor Name/Logo on Sleeve of Finisher's Shirt (over 50,000)--The only sponsor logo that appears on the most treasured souvenir of Bloomsday finishers.
Title Sponsorship of Trade Show -- Bloomsday hosts one of the nation's largest expos dedicated to running, health and fitness. Sponsor has naming rights and first priority on booth space, as well as priority logo placement on goodie bags and banners at the expo.
Water-Aid Cups (approx. 500,000)--Sponsor provides cups with name/logo to be used at the five Bloomsday water aid stations. This earns Major Sponsor recognition and a high degree of probability for name/logo visibility in TV, newspaper and magazine coverage of Bloomsday.
OTHER SPONSORSHIP, ADVERTISING AND RELATED OPPORTUNITIES:
Corporate Cup Sponsor--Corporate Cup participants enjoy a special starting area and added benefits that enhance their Bloomsday experience. Along with many of the Major Sponsor benefits (logo on promotional poster, entry brochure, runner instructions, Bloomsday website, local print ads and the thank-you ad in the Souvenir Results Booklet), Corporate Cup Sponsor receives special recognition among over 350 participating businesses (approx. 1,750 entrants), including name/logo on bib numbers and shirts worn by participants, as well as on gear bags (to be provided by Sponsor), trophies, plaques, and a banner at the Post-Race Tent Party.
Online Registration Sponsor--Exclusive designation as the “2017 Bloomsday Online Registration Sponsor” on Bloomsday’s website, with link to Sponsor’s website. 450,000 page views are expected.
Results Sponsor (Souvenir Booklet & Online Results)--Exclusive designation as the “2017 Bloomsday Results Sponsor” on the front cover and full-page color advertisement on the back cover of the Souvenir Results Booklet, plus exclusive recognition as the 2016 Results Sponsor on Bloomsday’s website. 700,000 page views expected.
Runner Bib Numbers--Name on over 50,000 numbers (not including Corporate Cup) gives Sponsor visibility before, during and after the run on this keepsake item.
Finish Line Tape--For men’s, women’s and wheelchair champions; name/logo will almost always appear in TV, newspaper and magazine coverage of Bloomsday.
Marmot March (Kids Run)--This event is held the day before Bloomsday in Riverfront Park for kids (second grade and younger) and their parents or guardians. Sponsor exposure available on T-shirts, printed materials and banners. Click the Marmot March button on our home page for details.
Corporate Cup Tent Party--Logo recognition at the post-race party in Riverfront Park attended by Corporate Cup, Second Seed and Perennials participants.
Second Seed Sponsor (2)--Logo on back of singlets worn by Second Seed and Perennials singlets.
For more information about the opportunities listed above, please contact: